Strings, Arrays, and Objects
Make working with strings, arrays, and objects easier and more productive.
Learn the ins-and-outs of strings, arrays, and objects—and all that they can do—in about an hour.
This guide is short, focused, and made for beginners. Get hands-on learning and grow your portfolio with a real project.
🔥 New! Updated with new resources and more backwards-compatible polyfills.
What you’ll learn
- How to remove whitespace from a string.
- How to transform text to uppercase and lowercase.
- How to convert strings to integers.
- How to replace a portion of text with different text.
- How to get a portion of a string.
- How to split a string into an array based on a character.
- How to add items to an array or object.
- How to merge two or more arrays or objects together.
- How to put it all together and write a working project with string, array, and object manipulation.
📱Read in DRM-free ebook format or watch streaming HD video on any device.
Reinforce your learning and build your portfolio by using string, array, and object manipulation on a real project. Together, we’ll display a list of adoptable dogs for an animal rescue by taking some API data, manipulating it a bit, and rendering in the markup.
BONUS: Don't go it alone! Get exclusive Slack access.
This is not available for sale at any price, and my students regularly tell me it's one of the most valuable things that comes with the guides.
- Learn modern best practices and code patterns.
- Spend less time Googling and more time working on cool stuff.
- Follow a learning path or jump around based on your needs.
- Work on real projects and build your portfolio.
A Sample Lesson
How to use the
Array.filter() method to create a new array containing only items that match certain criteria.
Try it for free
Want to get a sense for what my pocket guides are like? Get a free of the DOM Manipulation guide in PDF format.
This isn't a sample chapter. It's the full guide. The paid version comes in more formats and includes the source code for the lessons and project.
Your 100% Money-Back Guarantee 💰
About the Instructor
Ready to buy?
- The Pocket Guide (in ebook format, streaming HD video, or both)
- The Source Code & Demos
- Exclusive Slack Access
- FREE Updates for Life
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the pocket guide include new ES6 methods?
- Yes. Where applicable, I cover new ES6 functions and browser APIs. I also include polyfills when available to push browser support as far back as possible.
- What happens if I buy a pocket guide and you release an update? Will I need to buy the new version, too?
- No. You get free updates for life, sent to you by email whenever new content is available.
- Can I buy a print version of the pocket guide?
- Pocket guides are available exclusively in digital formats. This makes it easy for you to get updates whenever new techniques, approaches, and best practices emerge. Given the rapidly changing nature of the web, this ensures you'll always have the latest and greatest version of the guide.
- Do you offer team discounts?
- Yes! The pocket guide bundles are available as team licenses at a steep discount.
- Do you offer a student discount?
- Absolutely! This applies to anyone in any type of schooling, including evening classes and coding bootcamps. Learn more about student discounts.
- I have a poor exchange rate in USD. There's no way I can afford this.
- I totally get that in some countries salaries and cost of living are such that the pocket guides are unaffordable. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you a discount to make it fair for where you live.
- I'm not a student. Any other discounts?
- Yep. I've had a lot of helping getting where I am, and I want to pay it forward. If you're a member of an under-represented group in tech, you can get special pricing. Learn more about discounts for under-represented groups in tech.
- Do you have a return policy?
- Absolutely! If you’re not 100% satisfied with the pocket guide, email me at email@example.com within 30 days of purchase and I’ll give you a full refund.
- If I buy just one guide and love it, can I upgrade to a bundle?
- Absolutely. Just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special discount code for the difference between the two packages.
- If I buy the ebook and decide I'd also like the video series, can I upgrade?
- Absolutely. Just send me an email at email@example.com for a special discount code for the difference between the two formats.
- I lost or never received my download link. What do I do?
- Visit https://courses.gomakethings.com and create an account with the email address you used to make your purchase to access your downloads at any time.
- Are there any restrictions on the pocket guides or source code?
- Nope. I trust you to do the right thing. My content is 100% DRM free. If you'd like to share the pocket guide with others, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about team pricing.
- Do I need any special tools or equipment to use the pocket guides?
- All you need to work with the source code, projects and labs is a modern web browser and a text editor (I recommend VS Code). The pocket guides come in PDF, EPUB, MOBI, and HTML formats, so you can read it on any device you own.
- Are there any rules or requirements around the Slack team?
- Yes. You must be at least 18 years old, and read and agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
- I have another question.
- No problem! Send me an email at email@example.com.
Not ready yet? Get daily developer tips.
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web. Join 4,100+ daily subscribers.