The Complete Set
Get every pocket guide, all of the source code and demos, and exclusive Slack access.
You’ll automatically get any new pocket guides I release in the future, completely free.
- DOM Manipulation. Learn how to get DOM elements, manipulate them, and listen for events in the browser.
- Strings & Numbers. Transform and edit strings and numbers for use in modern websites and web apps.
- Arrays & Objects. Dive into the many modern methods for editing and transforming arrays and objects.
- Variables, Functions, and Scope. What are arrow functions? What’s function hoisting? What’s the difference between
const, and when should you use each?
- DOM Injection and Traversal. Learn how to set and get HTML, add and remove elements, climb up and down the DOM tree, and more.
- Browser Storage. Store data in localStorage and sessionStorage, get and set cookies, and create a local database with indexedDB.
- Writing Libraries. Learn how to write flexible, modular, scalable libraries that grow with you and your users.
- Service Workers. Learn how to build more resilient web experiences that load faster and even work offline.
- State-Based UI. Learn how to build interactive websites and web apps with state-based UI and data reactivity.
- Serverless. Create your own APIs, microservices, and client-side web apps with serverless functions.
- Token-Based Authentication. Learn how to register, login, and manage user sessions with token-based authentication.
- Accessible Components. Build interactive components that work for everyone who uses your site or app.
- Web Components. Learn how to create custom HTML elements, with built-in styles, interactivity, and encapsulation.
- Terminal & Command Line. Get comfortable with the command line and learn how to speed up development with Terminal.
- Build Tools (pre-order). Create your own suite of build tools and turbo-charge your web development process.
- Git (pre-order). Learn the essentials of version control, collaborative coding, and distributing open source projects with Git.
🧠 Multiple formats for different learning styles. Available in streaming HD videos with captions, and written lessons in ebook format. Watch or read on any device.
BONUS: Don't go it alone! Get exclusive Slack access.
This is not available for sale at any price, and my students regularly tell me it's one of the most valuable things that comes with the guides.
- Learn modern best practices and code patterns.
- Spend less time Googling and more time working on cool stuff.
- Follow a learning path or jump around based on your needs.
- Work on real projects and build your portfolio.
A Sample Lesson
Try it for free
Want to get a sense for what my pocket guides are like? Get a free copy of the DOM Manipulation guide in PDF format.
This isn't a sample chapter. It's the full guide. The paid version comes in more formats and includes the source code for the lessons and project.
Your 100% Money-Back Guarantee 💰
Hi, I'm Chris Ferdinandi. 👋
Ready to buy?
- The Pocket Guides (in ebook format, streaming HD video, or both)
- DOM Manipulation
- String & Numbers
- Arrays & Objects
- Variables, Functions, & Scope
- DOM Injection & Traversal
- Browser Storage
- APIs & Asynchronous JS
- Writing JS Libraries
- ES Modules
- Service Workers
- State-Based UI
- Token-Based Authentication
- Accessible Components
- Web Components
- Terminal & Command Line (pre-order)
- Testing Vanilla JS (pre-order)
- Build Tools (pre-order)
- Git (pre-order)
- The Source Code & Demos
- Exclusive Slack Access
- FREE Updates for Life
Frequently Asked Questions
Not ready yet? Get daily developer tips.
Hate the complexity of modern front‑end web development? I send out a short email each weekday on how to build a simpler, more resilient web. Join over 14k others.