The Tooling Bundle
Write resilient code more efficiently.
Get four pocket guides about developer tooling, all of the source code and demos, and exclusive Discord access.
🔥 Cyber Monday Sale (extended)! This week only, save 50% on every ebook, video course, and bundle. If you buy a bundle, you'll also get $673 in free bonus gifts. This sale ends this week, so don't wait!
🧠 Multiple formats for different learning styles. Available in streaming HD videos with captions, and written lessons in ebook format. Watch or read on any device.
Loved your book, it's become a daily reference for me. Fantastic stuff!- Chris Baughman
BONUS: Don't go it alone! Get exclusive Discord access.
This is not available for sale at any price, and my students regularly tell me it's one of the most valuable things that comes with the guides.
🎁 Exclusive Cyber Monday Sale Bonus Gifts
If you buy a pocket guide or video course bundle this week, you'll also get $673 worth of bonus gifts. This offer ends this week, so don't wait!
- Watch me live-code vanilla JS projects with the Vanilla JS Live-Code Series. Follow along, try it yourself first, or dig into the completed source code for over a dozen projects. Valued at $249.
- Get hands-on learning with real projects with the Project Bundle. You get starter templates, helpful tips and resources, and step-by-step tutorials. Valued at $149.
- Learn how to build insanely fast WordPress sites Wicked Fast Websites. You'll learn how to measure performance, reduce page weight, and make simple server optimizations. Valued at $39.
- Learn how to write resumes that get seen by an actual human, navigate the interview process, and more with my Web Developer Career Guide. Valued at $39.
- Watch my webinar on my favorite vanilla JS methods, browser APIs, and coding techniques. Valued at $39.
- Get access to 8 bonus projects normally only available to Vanilla JS Academy alumni. Valued at $99.
- Read my manifesto on building a simpler, more resilient web, The Lean Web, in downloadable ebook format. Valued at $29.
- Get a copy of the Best of Go Make Things, a collection of some of the best articles from my newsletter. Valued at $19.
Start learning now →
The cheat sheet and the ability to ask questions on Slack were worth the price of the book alone.- David Buchholz
- Learn modern best practices and code patterns.
- Spend less time Googling and more time working on cool stuff.
- Follow a learning path or jump around based on your needs.
- Work on real projects and build your portfolio.
Try it for free
Want to get a sense for what my pocket guides are like? Get a free copy of the DOM Manipulation guide in PDF format.
This isn't a sample chapter. It's the full guide. The paid version comes in more formats and includes the source code for the lessons and project.
Download the PDF
Your 100% Money-Back Guarantee 💰
Hi, I'm Chris Ferdinandi. 👋
Ready to buy?
- The Pocket Guide (in ebook format, streaming HD video, or both)
- The Source Code & Demos
- Exclusive Discord Access
- FREE Updates for Life
🔥 Cyber Monday Sale (extended)! This week only, save 50% with the code
BLACKFRIDAY2023 at checkout.
Best Value! Ebooks + Videos
Get the Ebooks + Videos
Or make three monthly payments…
Ebooks + Video Series -
Putting everything he's taught me into practice, I managed to rewrite the project over a weekend! He was even kind enough to personally help me on Slack with an aspect I was particularly struggling with... I SERIOUSLY recommend checking him out! 😄- Kieran Barker
Chris Ferdinandi has got your back and his learning platform is a *tremendously good value*.- Jonathan Schofield
Frequently Asked Questions
Do the pocket guides include new ES6 methods?
Yes. Where applicable, I cover new ES6 functions and browser APIs. I also include polyfills when available to push browser support as far back as possible.
What happens if I buy a pocket guide and you release an update? Do I get free updates?
Yes, you get free updates for life. You'll get an email letting you know whenever new content is available.
Do you offer any discounts?
Absolutely! There are three discount programs available:
- Student Discount. This applies to anyone in any type of schooling, including evening classes and coding bootcamps. Learn more about student discounts.
- Under-Represented Groups in Tech. I've had a lot of helping getting where I am, and I want to pay it forward. If you're a member of an under-represented group in tech, you can get special pricing. Learn more about discounts for under-represented groups in tech.
- Location-Based Pricing. I totally get that in some countries salaries and cost of living are such that the Vanilla JS Pocket Guides are unaffordable. These should show up automatically at checkout, but if they don't, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll send you a discount to make it fair for where you live.
If I buy just one guide and love it, can I upgrade to a bundle? What if I buy the ebooks and decide I want the videos, too?
Absolutely. Just send me an email at email@example.com
I'll upgrade you to the bundle or format you want. You'll only have to pay the difference in price between what you purchased and the bundle or format you want.
How do I access my pocket guides and videos?
Visit and create an account with the email address you used to make your purchase.
You can download your guides at any time, and stream your video courses from any device. You can also download the videos for offline viewing.
Do I need any special tools or equipment?
All you need to work with the source code and projects is a modern web browser and a text editor (I recommend VS Code). The pocket guides come in PDF, EPUB, MOBI, and HTML formats, so you can read it on any device you own. The videos can be streamed on any device.
Are there any rules or requirements around the Slack team?
Yes. You must be at least 18 years old, and read and agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
Do you have a return policy?
Absolutely! If you’re not 100% satisfied with the pocket guide, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll give you a full refund.
I have another question.
No problem! Send me an email at email@example.com.
Start learning now →
Ever wanted to ditch jQuery but not sure how? This book by Chris Ferdinandi will set you on the right path.- Jeremy Green
Not ready yet? Get daily developer tips.
Hate the complexity of modern front‑end web development? I send out a short email each weekday on how to build a simpler, more resilient web. Join over 14k others.